We are offering scholarship assistance to emerging female leaders and non-binary people who are passionate about pursuing (or remaining engaged in) a STEMM related career. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds who have historically been underrepresented in workplaces. This includes (but not limited to) Indigenous Women, linguistically and culturally diverse women, women living with disability and members of the LGBTQI+ community. The scholarship will cover the two-day summit fee to attend our Women in STEMM Leadership Summit.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for aspiring changemakers with:
- Leadership potential and/or experience– we appreciate leadership on any scale
- Intellectual curiosity and growth mindset – you’re ready to take actionable steps to advance to the next level of leadership
- Ambition and drive – but unable to access/receive substantial funding for leadership training
Priority will be given to applicants from historically underrepresented groups and/or underfunded organisations with limited training budgets.
Why should you apply?
In Australia, Women make up only 28% of workers in STEMM and are more likely to leave the STEMM career pipeline than men, leading to wider gaps at senior leadership levels. By building a more diverse talent pipeline that feeds into our workforce, we can provide more opportunities for women and non-binary people to pursue and thrive in leadership positions.
How to apply?
- Job Title and Organisation or undergraduate/postgraduate degree and university
- Link to your LinkedIn profile (if applicable)
- Why you’re applying for the WLI Scholarship and how it will help you
Once applications have been reviewed, successful candidates will be notified by email. Applications close four weeks before the event.